Southern Vermont College Welcomes Claire Wurmfeld as New CFO/COO
June 25, 2013
Southern Vermont College is pleased to announce the appointment of Claire Wurmfeld as the College’s new Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operating Officer.
A seasoned financial executive, Wurmfeld has nearly two decades of experience in streamlining financial operations to maximize fiscal integrity and productivity for both higher education institutions and corporations. She most recently served as Associate Vice President of Financial Planning at the Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne, FL. During her tenure, Wurmfeld was responsible for managing an operating budget of over $32 million and was instrumental in restructuring the Institution’s operations helping to reduce costs and production time.
“The SVC community is delighted to welcome Claire as our new CFO/COO,” said Karen Gross, President of Southern Vermont College. “Claire brings remarkable experience in both higher education and corporate finance, and we know she will enrich our community with her wisdom, work ethic and the value she places on teamwork and staff development. I am confident that under her watch, SVC's finances and operations will be in good hands indeed.”
In her new role, Wurmfeld will oversee the College’s financial operations including long-range growth planning, cost and benefit analysis, and budget development. Working alongside President Gross and the Senior Leaders, Wurmfeld will help lead SVC into the next fiscal year.
"I am very excited about joining the team at SVC. I look forward to serving the students, the school and the community," said Claire Wurmfeld. “This wonderful opportunity will allow my husband and me to move to Vermont after having been in Florida for 15 years. It will be nice to be near family and friends."
Wurmfeld received her B.S. in Accounting from Providence College in Rhode Island and her MBA from the University of Central Florida. She is a licensed CPA and a Board Member of ICUBA. She will be on campus starting July 8, 2013.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin