Veterans Day Honor Flight Film at Southern Vermont College
November 6, 2013
In commemoration of Veterans Day, Southern Vermont College (SVC) Veterans Association will be sponsoring an Honor Flight screening on Sunday, November 10, in the Everett Mansion Theatre. The event begins at 6:30 p.m. with a welcome address by Southern Vermont College President Karen Gross. Also, SVC Alumnus Col. Allan Faxon, Jr. ’81, United States Marine Corps (retired), will say a few words.
Honor Flight is a heartwarming documentary about four living World War II veterans and a Midwest community coming together to give them the trip of a lifetime. Volunteers race against the clock to fly thousands of WWII veterans to Washington, DC, to see the memorial constructed for them in 2005, nearly 60 years after the War.
The film is approximately one hour and fifteen minutes. A light reception will follow in the Burgdorff Gallery. This event is open to the public, and seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The SVC Veterans Association is a chapter of Student Veterans of America and is sponsored by the College’s Student Government Association.
For more information, contact Sara Patch, Program Director of Southern Vermont College’s Veterans’ Scholar Program, at 802-447-4013 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community