Veterans Day Honor Flight Film at Southern Vermont College
November 6, 2013
In commemoration of Veterans Day, Southern Vermont College (SVC) Veterans Association will be sponsoring an Honor Flight screening on Sunday, November 10, in the Everett Mansion Theatre. The event begins at 6:30 p.m. with a welcome address by Southern Vermont College President Karen Gross. Also, SVC Alumnus Col. Allan Faxon, Jr. ’81, United States Marine Corps (retired), will say a few words.
Honor Flight is a heartwarming documentary about four living World War II veterans and a Midwest community coming together to give them the trip of a lifetime. Volunteers race against the clock to fly thousands of WWII veterans to Washington, DC, to see the memorial constructed for them in 2005, nearly 60 years after the War.
The film is approximately one hour and fifteen minutes. A light reception will follow in the Burgdorff Gallery. This event is open to the public, and seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The SVC Veterans Association is a chapter of Student Veterans of America and is sponsored by the College’s Student Government Association.
For more information, contact Sara Patch, Program Director of Southern Vermont College’s Veterans’ Scholar Program, at 802-447-4013 or email@example.com.
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- SVC Mourns the Loss of Friend and Supporter Sandy Laitman
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: Developing Leadership Within the Academy...
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader