Sundance Award-winning Documentary, "Inequality for All" to be Shown at Southern Vermont College
November 26, 2013
Southern Vermont College (SVC) will host a showing of the award-winning documentary film, “Inequality for All,” in the school’s Everett Theatre on Thursday, December 12, at 6 p.m. The screening is free and open to the public and will be followed by a faculty-moderated discussion. The documentary follows former U.S. Labor Secretary Robert Reich as he speaks to audiences around the country about the widening economic gap between the rich and poor in the wake of the 2007-2008 financial collapse.
SVC is the first college showing this movie in Vermont and the surrounding region.
The film, which received a special jury award at the Sundance Film Festival, is being hailed as the “Inconvenient Truth” of the economy. Reich uses humor and a wide array of facts to explain how the issue of economic inequality affects every American. Entertaining and enlightening, Reich gives a passionate argument on behalf of the declining middle class as he demonstrates how the widening income gap threatens the viability of the American workforce and the foundation of democracy.
Reich, the Chancellor’s Professor of Public Policy at the University of California, Berkeley, served in three Presidential administrations, one as former Secretary of Labor during President Clinton’s term. He has written several best-selling books, including “The Work of Nations,” “Locked in the Cabinet” and his most recent book, “Aftershock: The Next Economy and America’s Future.”
The 85-minute film was directed by Jacob Kornbluth and produced by Jen Chaiken/72 Production.
Please note that space is limited to 75 individuals. RSVP is preferred by contacting SVC Events Coordinator Robin Yearwood at 802-447-4678 or email@example.com.
View trailer: http://youtu.be/9REdcxfie3M
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community