SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
March 26, 2014
We were sorry to learn of the sudden closing of North Adams Regional Hospital and its affiliates, and we are acutely aware of the impact this has on our neighbors and Southern Vermont College alumni in the region. Southern Vermont College has had a positive and beneficial relationship with the hospital over the years, including as one of the clinical sites for our Radiologic Sciences students. Fortunately, our current students who were scheduled for clinical rotations at North Adams have already been placed at other sites for this semester. We are thankful to Southwestern Vermont Medical Center for working with SVC on those placements. This closure does not affect SVC Nursing students, as SVC has not used North Adams as a nursing clinical site in recent years. We do have many alumni of the College who were employed by the hospital, so our thoughts are with them at this stressful time.
For further questions, please contact our Communications Office at 802.447-6388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- James G. Waldon Joins SVC as Director of Campus Safety
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.