Southern Vermont College Trustees Name Sarah Dahl, M.D., to Board
April 14, 2014
The Board of Trustees at Southern Vermont College appointed Sarah Perkins Dahl, M.D., as a new Board Member at its recent meeting. Dahl is a Vermont native and medical doctor who retired from full-time practice in 2012. She ran a solo gynecology practice in Bennington from 2005 to 2012 and prior to that worked with Green Mountain Women’s Health. Dahl also serves on the Board for The School of Sacred Heart Saint Francis de Sales and is active in the community with the youth development program Girls on the Run, Monument Soccer; for ten years she served as a coach for the Bennington Youth Soccer League.
“We are so pleased to invite Dr. Dahl to the Board,” Board Chair Deborah Wiley said. “She has demonstrated professionally and personally her passion for education and working with young people to help them succeed. Southern Vermont College is experiencing exciting growth; it is wonderful to have the perspective of a native Vermonter who cares deeply about her community.”
Dahl is a graduate of the University of Vermont (UVM) undergraduate and Medical School, where she was women’s track and field captain and inducted into the UVM Hall of Fame for track and field. After an internship at Maine Medical Center in Portland, Dahl became OB-GYN resident at Albany Medical Center in New York where she was named Chief Administrative Resident for the Department. A native of Essex Junction, Vt., Dahl lives in Bennington with her husband and three children.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin