Northshire Bookstore and Southern Vermont College to Host 'Signing' Event to Launch Student Publishing Venture
May 26, 2014
The public is invited to a community ‘signing’ celebration at the Northshire Bookstore on Thursday, June 5, at 4:30 p.m., to announce collaboration between the Bookstore and Southern Vermont College (SVC) in Bennington on an exciting new publishing curriculum. Through The Hunter Division of Humanities Shires Press Series, full-time students at SVC can write and publish their own book. Northshire owner Chris Morrow and Southern Vermont College President Karen Gross will briefly speak at the event. Light refreshments will be served.
The Series requires four classes which offer students the opportunity to study the foundations of book publishing, while working on their own manuscript from conception to completion. Upon successful completion of the Series, students will have five printed copies of their published work from the Northshire Bookstore’s Shires Press, with opportunities to promote it in the retail (Manchester, Vt., and Saratoga Springs, N.Y., bookstore locations) and online marketplace (www.northshire.com). The Northshire Bookstore will also provide assignment of the ISBN and barcode of the book and royalty fees paid for any sales of the book.
For more information about the event, please contact Robin Yearwood at SVC, 802-447-4678. For more information about the Shires Press Series, please contact Jennifer Burg, Ph.D., Chair, The Hunter Division of Humanities, at 802-447-4007 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule a visit or apply to SVC, please contact Office of Admissions at 802-447-6300.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin