Northshire Bookstore and Southern Vermont College to Host 'Signing' Event to Launch Student Publishing Venture
May 26, 2014
The public is invited to a community ‘signing’ celebration at the Northshire Bookstore on Thursday, June 5, at 4:30 p.m., to announce collaboration between the Bookstore and Southern Vermont College (SVC) in Bennington on an exciting new publishing curriculum. Through The Hunter Division of Humanities Shires Press Series, full-time students at SVC can write and publish their own book. Northshire owner Chris Morrow and Southern Vermont College President Karen Gross will briefly speak at the event. Light refreshments will be served.
The Series requires four classes which offer students the opportunity to study the foundations of book publishing, while working on their own manuscript from conception to completion. Upon successful completion of the Series, students will have five printed copies of their published work from the Northshire Bookstore’s Shires Press, with opportunities to promote it in the retail (Manchester, Vt., and Saratoga Springs, N.Y., bookstore locations) and online marketplace (www.northshire.com). The Northshire Bookstore will also provide assignment of the ISBN and barcode of the book and royalty fees paid for any sales of the book.
For more information about the event, please contact Robin Yearwood at SVC, 802-447-4678. For more information about the Shires Press Series, please contact Jennifer Burg, Ph.D., Chair, The Hunter Division of Humanities, at 802-447-4007 or email@example.com. To schedule a visit or apply to SVC, please contact Office of Admissions at 802-447-6300.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President