Award-winning Chefs to Host Localvore Culinary Workshop at Southern Vermont College
June 5, 2014
Southern Vermont College and Sodexo will host a one-day culinary “localvore” workshop on Friday, July 18, hosted by award-winning regional chefs Bradley Labarre, Executive Chef of Merrimack College in Andover, Mass., and Andrew Cox, General Manager and Sustainability Director for Dining Services at The Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Connecticut.
This two hour-workshop, followed by a gourmet lunch with beverage service, is sponsored by Southern Vermont College and is open to all individuals with a curiosity for preparing New England food using local ingredients. The menu will include a local green salad with organic candied nuts, grilled peaches and a blackberry vinaigrette; hot-smoked trout with local butter; grilled Misty Knoll chicken breast with apple ginger chicken sausage, wild mushroom ragout and pickled root vegetable slaw; caprese salad with house-made Maplebrook Farm mozzarella; and donut holes with house-made maple bacon ice cream and raspberry jam dipping sauce.
The cost is $75 per person, which includes the class, gourmet lunch and beverage service along with recipes and a gift. Participants may choose to attend one of two sessions: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1 to 3 p.m. Both sessions include a group luncheon from 12 to 1 p.m.
Registration is required by July 2. Contact Kelli Cressy-Gassaway, Dining Services General Manager, by e-mail at Gassaway@svc.edu or 802-447-4024. Payment is to be made and mailed to Southern Vermont College, Attn: Kelli Cressy-Gassaway, 982 Mansion Drive, Bennington, VT 05201.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President