New Radiologic Sciences Certificate Program in Computed Tomography at Southern Vermont College
July 23, 2014
Starting this fall, a Radiologic Sciences Certificate Program in Computed Tomography (CT) will be offered at Southern Vermont College (SVC). This one-year, fully online, post-graduate certificate program is designed for registered radiologic technologists who want to advance their careers into the area of CT.
Computed Tomography is a process of imaging the body in 3-D using diagnostic x-rays. CT is one of the fastest growing areas of diagnostic imaging today, according to SVC Program Director Linda Lippacher. “If you are dually certified in diagnostic imaging and CT,” Lippacher said, “your job opportunities not only double but triple.”
“What’s great about the SVC program is that it is totally online; technologists can be located anywhere, and can arrange to complete their preceptor work, the clinical component, at a hospital or facility near them,” Lippacher added.
Through SVC’s three-course set in CT, students will be prepared to become technically proficient, entry-level, CT technologists. Upon successful completion of the course set, students will be eligible to apply to take the advanced certification examination provided by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART).
The 16-credit program is taught by highly qualified and respected faculty. This opportunity is open to registered technologists in the areas of radiography, nuclear medicine and/or radiation therapy.
The certificate program will be reviewed by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) at its September meeting.
For more information, including payment options, financial aid and how to apply, contact SVC’s Office of Admissions at 802-447-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin