President attends National Center for Learning & Civic Engagement meeting in Denver
August 12, 2014
From August 11 – 13, SVC President Karen Gross participated in a Thinkers’ Meeting run by the National Center for Learning and Civic Engagement (NCLCE) in Denver. The NCLCE is an institute within the Education Commission of the States (ECS), a national, unbiased organization that convenes and informs state leaders on the research, policies and issues critical to improving pre-K to postsecondary education. The Thinkers’ Meeting gathered approximately 30 leaders across the educational spectrum, including President Gross, with the goal of developing a framework for states to use to guide their civic education policy for the K-20 pipeline.
The NCLCE promotes the ideal that citizenship must be taught to the nation’s young people and that all students should be prepared for a lifetime of civic engagement. They work to further this goal by equipping state policymakers with the research and data needed to support the creation of civic education programs.
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.
- Nursing Chair to Serve on VT Board of Nursing Education Committee