President attends National Center for Learning & Civic Engagement meeting in Denver
August 12, 2014
From August 11 – 13, SVC President Karen Gross participated in a Thinkers’ Meeting run by the National Center for Learning and Civic Engagement (NCLCE) in Denver. The NCLCE is an institute within the Education Commission of the States (ECS), a national, unbiased organization that convenes and informs state leaders on the research, policies and issues critical to improving pre-K to postsecondary education. The Thinkers’ Meeting gathered approximately 30 leaders across the educational spectrum, including President Gross, with the goal of developing a framework for states to use to guide their civic education policy for the K-20 pipeline.
The NCLCE promotes the ideal that citizenship must be taught to the nation’s young people and that all students should be prepared for a lifetime of civic engagement. They work to further this goal by equipping state policymakers with the research and data needed to support the creation of civic education programs.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Adjunct Faculty Member Speaks on "Keeping Vermont Spooky" at VT Vets Home
- "Wonder" Focus of Talk by Elem. Teacher Sam Drazin
- President Gross's HuffPost: "Rinse and and Repeat Does Not Work for College Admissions..."
- SVC Trustee's New Book on MahJongg Featured in NYTimes
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC