Farewell to a Special Friend
October 2, 2008
Southern Vermont College mourns the loss of a remarkable community leader: Mrs. Irene Hunter. Mrs. Hunter has been a friend of the College for many decades and our new residential hall, opening in January 2009, is named in her honor. Mrs. Hunter lived a long and wonderful life and even as her health was failing, her mind remained as sharp as ever. She never lost her sense of humor, she retained her ever present curiosity and always displayed her affection for her Boston Red Sox. Through the years, she appreciated the need to insure that the next generation was in good hands, and her generosity literally lifted a generation. President Gross and the entire SVC community extend their deepest sympathies to the extended Hunter family. "We have lost a true friend but we are heartened by Mrs. Hunter's legacy, and we will work hard each and every day to do her proud," commented SVC President Karen Gross.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Three School Chiefs Trade Spaces for a Day
- Management & Entrepreneurship Professort Appointed to Lever Advisory Board
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"