Farewell to a Special Friend
October 2, 2008
Southern Vermont College mourns the loss of a remarkable community leader: Mrs. Irene Hunter. Mrs. Hunter has been a friend of the College for many decades and our new residential hall, opening in January 2009, is named in her honor. Mrs. Hunter lived a long and wonderful life and even as her health was failing, her mind remained as sharp as ever. She never lost her sense of humor, she retained her ever present curiosity and always displayed her affection for her Boston Red Sox. Through the years, she appreciated the need to insure that the next generation was in good hands, and her generosity literally lifted a generation. President Gross and the entire SVC community extend their deepest sympathies to the extended Hunter family. "We have lost a true friend but we are heartened by Mrs. Hunter's legacy, and we will work hard each and every day to do her proud," commented SVC President Karen Gross.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community