Farewell to a Special Friend
October 2, 2008
Southern Vermont College mourns the loss of a remarkable community leader: Mrs. Irene Hunter. Mrs. Hunter has been a friend of the College for many decades and our new residential hall, opening in January 2009, is named in her honor. Mrs. Hunter lived a long and wonderful life and even as her health was failing, her mind remained as sharp as ever. She never lost her sense of humor, she retained her ever present curiosity and always displayed her affection for her Boston Red Sox. Through the years, she appreciated the need to insure that the next generation was in good hands, and her generosity literally lifted a generation. President Gross and the entire SVC community extend their deepest sympathies to the extended Hunter family. "We have lost a true friend but we are heartened by Mrs. Hunter's legacy, and we will work hard each and every day to do her proud," commented SVC President Karen Gross.
Jody Schade, MA, Instructor, The Hunter Division of Humanities.
- Philanthropy Project Enters 4th Year
- SVC and Albright College Team Up for Alternative Spring Break Project
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES
- 2015 Sarnoff Speech Contest
- Admissions Materials Win Gold & Silver Awards from National Ad Competition
- Office of the President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.