Susan Biggs Appointed to Director of Communications at Southern Vermont College
December 10, 2008
Susan Biggs of Dorset has joined the full-time staff at Southern Vermont College as Director of Communications.
Biggs has worked in the communications field for over 25 years in the education, non-profit and the business sectors. Most recently, she served as Director of Corporate Communications at Applejack Art Partners. She has also worked as Director of Programming for Hildene, the Lincoln Family Home, as Communications Associate at the Vermont Community Foundation and as Director of Public Relations for the Maple Street School in Manchester, Vt. Prior to relocating to Vermont, Biggs was Writer/Producer for “Sports Illustrated” magazine in New York City.
"SVC is a dynamic school offering strong educational programs in careers that are thriving in today’s job market,” Biggs said. “And it’s on the prettiest tract of land I’ve seen in southern Vermont. There are great things happening here and I’m excited to be part of the energy in getting the word out.”
Southern Vermont College President Karen Gross commented, “Susan brings energy, experience and creativity to her role at SVC, and we are delighted she is joining us. I welcome Susan’s insights and wisdom as we continue our efforts to highlight the many strengths of SVC, its students and its faculty.”
Biggs received a B.A. in Communications from New England College of Henniker, New Hampshire.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)
- President Gross's Comment to National Journal Article
- Professor Gorham is a Vermont Rising Star