Susan Biggs Appointed to Director of Communications at Southern Vermont College
December 10, 2008
Susan Biggs of Dorset has joined the full-time staff at Southern Vermont College as Director of Communications.
Biggs has worked in the communications field for over 25 years in the education, non-profit and the business sectors. Most recently, she served as Director of Corporate Communications at Applejack Art Partners. She has also worked as Director of Programming for Hildene, the Lincoln Family Home, as Communications Associate at the Vermont Community Foundation and as Director of Public Relations for the Maple Street School in Manchester, Vt. Prior to relocating to Vermont, Biggs was Writer/Producer for “Sports Illustrated” magazine in New York City.
"SVC is a dynamic school offering strong educational programs in careers that are thriving in today’s job market,” Biggs said. “And it’s on the prettiest tract of land I’ve seen in southern Vermont. There are great things happening here and I’m excited to be part of the energy in getting the word out.”
Southern Vermont College President Karen Gross commented, “Susan brings energy, experience and creativity to her role at SVC, and we are delighted she is joining us. I welcome Susan’s insights and wisdom as we continue our efforts to highlight the many strengths of SVC, its students and its faculty.”
Biggs received a B.A. in Communications from New England College of Henniker, New Hampshire.
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- Summer Research Course on Aging and Alzheimer's
- Student Hanifah Presley and Interfaith Council Honored at VCC Forum
- President Gross Reappointed to NEBHE
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics