Reflections on the Loss of a True Friend: Donald E. Axinn
October 14, 2009
Pictured left to right: Donald E. Axinn, President Karen Gross, Joan Axinn, and Professor Tom Redden
Southern Vermont College lost a true friend on Monday, Oct. 12th, Donald E. Axinn. Husband of SVC Trustee Joan Axinn and beloved by many, Don was a Renaissance person--a novelist, a poet, a businessman, a philanthropist, a pilot, a mentor. SVC students, faculty, staff and the Board of Trustees will miss Don's presence, but warm memories abound, including Don's poignant remarks at the Axinn Community Leadership Scholars Dinner this past April. We will continue to be inspired by Don's commitment to excellence, his passion for life and his deep belief in the power of education. Don saw, cared about and fostered SVC's bright future, and we will work tirelessly to live up to his aspirations for our current and future students.
Nosotros hemos perdido un amigo precioso.
Karen Gross, President
Read an article, which appeared in Bennington Banner.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Management & Entrepreneurship Professort Appointed to Lever Advisory Board
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.