Reflections on the Loss of a True Friend: Donald E. Axinn
October 14, 2009
Pictured left to right: Donald E. Axinn, President Karen Gross, Joan Axinn, and Professor Tom Redden
Southern Vermont College lost a true friend on Monday, Oct. 12th, Donald E. Axinn. Husband of SVC Trustee Joan Axinn and beloved by many, Don was a Renaissance person--a novelist, a poet, a businessman, a philanthropist, a pilot, a mentor. SVC students, faculty, staff and the Board of Trustees will miss Don's presence, but warm memories abound, including Don's poignant remarks at the Axinn Community Leadership Scholars Dinner this past April. We will continue to be inspired by Don's commitment to excellence, his passion for life and his deep belief in the power of education. Don saw, cared about and fostered SVC's bright future, and we will work tirelessly to live up to his aspirations for our current and future students.
Nosotros hemos perdido un amigo precioso.
Karen Gross, President
Read an article, which appeared in Bennington Banner.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)