Reflections on the Loss of a True Friend: Donald E. Axinn
October 14, 2009
Pictured left to right: Donald E. Axinn, President Karen Gross, Joan Axinn, and Professor Tom Redden
Southern Vermont College lost a true friend on Monday, Oct. 12th, Donald E. Axinn. Husband of SVC Trustee Joan Axinn and beloved by many, Don was a Renaissance person--a novelist, a poet, a businessman, a philanthropist, a pilot, a mentor. SVC students, faculty, staff and the Board of Trustees will miss Don's presence, but warm memories abound, including Don's poignant remarks at the Axinn Community Leadership Scholars Dinner this past April. We will continue to be inspired by Don's commitment to excellence, his passion for life and his deep belief in the power of education. Don saw, cared about and fostered SVC's bright future, and we will work tirelessly to live up to his aspirations for our current and future students.
Nosotros hemos perdido un amigo precioso.
Karen Gross, President
Read an article, which appeared in Bennington Banner.
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- Summer Course Offerings
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- President Gross Reappointed to NEBHE
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics