Carmen Lawrence Named to SVC Board of Trustees
October 28, 2009
Southern Vermont College has named Carmen J. Lawrence, J.D. to its board of trustees. Lawrence, based in New York City, is the co-head of the securities enforcement and regulation practice and a litigation partner with the international law firm, Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson.
“I am delighted that Carmen Lawrence has joined the Southern Vermont College Board of Trustees,” remarked SVC President Karen Gross. “Carmen brings remarkable and wide-ranging talents to the Board, and we welcome her wisdom, her experience, her judgment and her perspectives. I look forward to working together with her as we realize SVC’s bright future.”
Since joining Fried Frank as a partner in 2000, Lawrence’s primary practice focuses on representing parties in investigations and litigation conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other regulators, as well as counseling public companies and regulated entities on their obligations under the federal securities laws.
Previously, Lawrence served as Regional Director for the Securities and Exchange Commission's Northeast Regional Office. She has spoken extensively and participates in continuing legal education programs for federal securities law matters and is co-editor of “Securities in the Electronic Age: A Practical Guide to the Law and Regulation” (Glasser Legal Works, third edition). Among Lawrence’s numerous awards includes the Equal Employment Opportunity Award, Presidential Distinguished Executive Award, Stanley Sporkin Award and Irving M. Pollack Award. She has also been recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Legal 500 and Benchmark.
Lawrence co-chairs the Subcommittee on SEC Enforcement and Civil Litigation of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section, and she serves on various boards, including Practicing Law Institute and The SEC Historical Society. Lawrence earned her Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Michigan Law School and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Cornell University.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community