The Council of Independent Colleges (CIC), an organization of 600 small and midsize colleges and universities of which Southern Vermont College is a member, has compiled a survey of architecturally distinctive structures on college campuses, including SVC's. The SVC buildings cited are The Everett Estate, Cascade Waterfall, Rose Garden, Birchwood, Ice House and the home of Dr. and Mrs. Frederick Burkhardt. The catalogue of noteworthy architecture, searchable online, was the subject of an article in the Jan. 6 Sunday New York Times Education Life section.
"A campus's distinctive features - formal and forbidding reading rooms, circa 1900; a modern-day Stonehenge for meditation - reflect the miss and history of an institution," wrote Times cultural reporter Robin Pogrebin, in an article entitled "Classic Revival."
To view the CIC's survey, go to http://hcap.artstor.org/cgi-bin/library?a=p&p=institutions.
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- Summer Research Course on Aging and Alzheimer's
- Student Hanifah Presley and Interfaith Council Honored at VCC Forum
- President Gross Reappointed to NEBHE
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics