College is more than classroom lectures, homework and exams. An SVC education is a total learning experience, providing the student with opportunities to develop leadership skills, build lifelong friendships, enhance personal and professional skills, and prepare for a fulfilling and successful life. The Dean of Students oversees the following areas of student life: Counseling, Dining Services, Health Services, Residential Life, and Campus Safety. The staff members in the Student Life department are available to assist students throughout their academic careers at Southern Vermont College.
Southern Vermont College offers a variety of co-curricular programs that compliment and support the academic program. Visit Campus Life at SVC to learn more about these opportunities to become involved.
Student life Mission
The Southern Vermont College Division of Student Life's mission is to provide a rich co-curricular experience in which we:
- Offer a variety of programmatic and leadership opportunities which enhance the college experience.
- Promote personal and social responsibility.
- Empower students to be socially conscious contributors to the campus and greater community.
- Provide a safe and supportive living/learning environment.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community