Alternative Spring Break
Each year students are given the opportunity to participate in an Alternative Spring Break community service trip!
In March 2010, six students and two staff members made the trek to Williamsburg, VA, to work with Housing Partnerships, Inc., (a United Way of Greater Williamsburg partner agency). Housing Partnerships, Inc., provides home repairs for those individuals and families who are unable to help themselves due to sickness, disability or lack of financial resources. For the March 2009 Alternative Spring Break trip, three students and one staff member worked with the Sylvia Rivera Food Pantry in New York City. They assisted with the transition of the food pantry set up as they learned a lot about their mission.
SVC's annual fundraiser, "Little Bit of Love" Finals Care Packages, is one way funds are raised to make these trips. Each package includes essential snacks for the student as they put in long hours studying! See the information to participate in the current Finals Care Package fundraiser!
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)