Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bennington County
Southern Vermont College is proud of our longstanding relationship with the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) organization. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bennington County is based out of United Counseling Services. Big Brothers Big Sisters helps children who need and want a mentor, and through the personal growth and guidance of a professionally supported, one-to-one relationship, children develop self-confidence and assurance.
Southern Vermont College students have the opportunity to become a mentor to a local elementary school student through Big Brother Big Sisters. The program requires a year-long commitment beginning in September. Potential Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors are nominated by a faculty or staff member, interviewed by Big Brother Big Sister program staff, and if selected, attend mandatory training to help them learn skills which will support them as a mentor.
Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring takes place at a local elementary school in Bennington once a week for approximately an hour, typically during lunchtime. Big Brothers Big Sisters program staff is flexible in working with student mentors’ schedules to find a day of the week convenient for them.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please e-mail email@example.com.
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- Summer Research Course on Aging and Alzheimer's
- Student Hanifah Presley and Interfaith Council Honored at VCC Forum
- President Gross Reappointed to NEBHE
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics