Southwestern Vermont Council on Aging and the AmeriCorps Neighbor to Neighbor Program
Southern Vermont College and the AmeriCorps Neighbor to Neighbor program at the Southwestern Vermont Council on Aging is working together to connect students and seniors. Groups of SVC MooseCorps students will be paired with seniors to provide friendly visits and assist seniors with tasks with which they need help. Southern Vermont College students also have been active with the monthly Council on Aging luncheon.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President