Welcome to SVC!
Students select a college for any number of reasons. The students who choose Southern Vermont College do so for the personal attention and support they will receive from our faculty and staff. Your education will undoubtedly prepare you for a rewarding career or continued education in graduate school. However, our College is more than classroom lectures and homework. This is a place of opportunities for leadership development, lifelong friendships, personal growth, and new experiences. Those of us in Student Affairs look forward to helping you through this exciting time in your life. Whether you are coming to us directly from high school, or have already been in the workforce, be sure to take full advantage of the many wonderful opportunities waiting for you at Southern Vermont College.
The Dean of Students Office is located on the second floor of the main administrative building. Do not hesitate to stop by the office for assistance or simply to introduce yourself. The entire Student Affairs staff is here to help, support and encourage you in whatever way possible.
Anne Hopkins Gross
Dean of Students
982 Mansion Drive
Bennington, VT 05201-6002
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin