New Student Housing
The Office of Residence Life welcomes you to Southern Vermont College!
Here is a step by step guide to request your housing for the fall. To read more about our housing options prior to submitting your housing paperwork, click here!
Step #1: After paying your admissions deposit, you need to read the 2014-2015 Resident Student Contract in its entirety. After reading the form, print off the third page and complete it.
Step #2: Print off the 2014-2015 Preference Form. Complete the form, recording your assignment preference, room type preference, roommate preference and other general information about yourself. This form will be used to help us make roommate matches! Read more about our Living Learning Communities to help you decide if living in one would be a good fit for you!
Step #3: Send in both of your forms by January 9th! You can mail or fax them to:
Office of Residence Life
Southern Vermont College
982 Mansion Drive
Bennington, VT 05201-6002
Step #4: Feel free to call 802-447-4013 with any questions!
1. If you need to request Special Housing Accommodations, please visit the Special Housing Accommodations page for further instructions.
2. All full-time students with fewer than four full-time semesters of college enrollment are required to reside in College housing. If a student transfers to the College with fewer than four full-time semesters of college enrollment, the student is required to live in College housing until the requirement is met.
3. The vast majority of first-year students live in Aldis and Bowen. This is to help create a living environment that is supportive of the transition for first-year students.
4. We will do our best to accommodate all requests. It is not always possible to give everyone their first choice.
5. Housing assignments will be completed over the summer. Students will be notified of their placements and roommate assignments during the week of January 12th.
We look forward to seeing you in the January!
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- James G. Waldon Joins SVC as Director of Campus Safety
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.