Special Housing Accommodations

If you have a medical, psychological condition or other type of disability that requires special housing accommodations, we require you to participate in a four-step request process.

Step #1: Print off the Special Housing Accommodations Request Form.

Step #2: Write a brief letter describing the type of housing accommodations you are requesting and rationale of why you are making a request. (Please note that this letter must be written by a student, not a member of the student's family.)

Step #3: Get verification of your condition by your physician and/or therapist. Please have your physician and/or therapist complete the form below. (Please note that there is a section at the top of this form that you must complete prior to giving it to your physician and/or therapist.)

Step #4: Send your letter and your completed physician/therapist's form addressed to the Special Housing Accommodations Committee. The mailing address is 982 Mansion Drive, Bennington, VT 05201-6002. The fax number is 802-681-2824.

Please note, your Housing Contract and Preference forms must be mailed or faxed separately to the Residence Life office.  The mailing address is Residence Life office, 982 Mansion Drive, Bennington, VT 05201-6002. The fax number is 802-447-6330.

Once we receive your materials, your  request will be evaluated by the Special Housing Accommodations Committee.  If you have any questions regarding this process, please feel free to call the Residence Life office at 802-447-4013.

Submission deadlines:

•          Returning students: April 11th for the following fall semester.

             October 31st for the following spring semester.

•          New students: July11th for the fall semester.

             January 2nd for the spring semester.

•          Summer students: April 25th for all summer programs & conferences.