Special Housing Accommodations
If you have a medical, psychological condition or other type of disability that requires special housing accommodations, we require you to participate in a three-step request process.
Step #1 of the process requires you to write a brief letter describing the type of housing accommodation you are requesting and the rationale of why you are making a request. (Please note that this letter must be written by the student, not a member of the student’s family.)
Step #2 of the process requires verification of your condition by your physician and/or therapist. Please have your physician and/or therapist complete the form below. (Please note that there is a section at the top of this form that you must complete prior to giving it to your physician and/or therapist.)
Step #3 of the process requires you to send your letter and your completed physician/therapist’s form addressed to the Special Housing Accommodations Committee. The mailing address is 982 Mansion Drive, Bennington, VT 05201-6002. The fax number is: 802-447-4083.
Please note, your Housing Assignment Preference form and Housing Contract must be sent or faxed separately to the Residence Life office. The mailing address is Residence Life office, 982 Mansion Drive, Bennington, VT 05201-6002. The fax number is: 802-447-4083.
Please be sure to send all these materials by the deadline outlined below. If you will be a new student in the fall of 2016, your deadline for submission of these materials is Friday July 1st. (Deadlines for returning students and summer students are listed below.)
When we receive your materials, your request will be evaluated by the Special Housing Accommodations Committee. If you have any questions regarding this process, please feel free to call the Residence Life office at 802-447-4013. Submission deadlines:
• Returning students: April 1st for the following Fall 2016 semester.
October 30th for the following Spring 2017 semester.
• New students: July1st for the Fall 2016 semester.
January 6th for the Spring 2017 semester.
• Summer students: April 26th for all Summer 2017 programs & conferences.
· Summer students: April 29th for all ‘16 summer programs & conferences.
Sara Diane Nolan, MSW
Adjunct Faculty, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences
- Athletics Celebrates at Annual Awards Banquet
- President Evans a Special Guest and Moderates a Symposium at Inauguration of Franklin College's President
- Sign up Now for Online or On-Campus Summer Classes
- Veteran Journalist Mike Donoghue '71 to be Commencement Speaker
- SVC Granted Approval for Online Nursing BSN Program
- David Evans Inaugurated as Ninth President of SVC
- Introducing The Good Neighbor Scholarship for Students in Area Communities