SVC welcomes international students, and since our campus is an hour away from Albany, New York, and three hours from New York City; Boston; and Montreal, Canada; international students have the opportunity to explore many exciting destinations in North America. In addition, SVC students have daily access to the beauty of Vermont’s natural environment.
To formally apply to Southern Vermont College, an international student must submit the following:
- Completed application;
- Official transcripts from secondary schools, colleges, or universities (transcripts must be evaluated in English and verified by World Education Services or another approved evaluation agency)*;
- Personal Statement/Essay;
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably from a current instructor);
- Score a minimum of 65+ iBT or equivalent on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
- Completed and signed College Board Certification of Finance demonstrating the ability to pay an entire year of comprehensive fees and living expenses; and
- Copy of valid passport photo ID page.
*International students must earn the equivalent of a US high school diploma to be considered for admission. A GED Transcript will be accepted as a substitution for a secondary school transcript.