|FIRST YEAR: EXPLORE|
- Develop short- and long-term goals.
- Seek majors and career events/workshops in Bennington community.
- Get to know the Career Development staff.
- Become familiar with basic job search.
- Create a basic resumé.
- Create a basic LinkedIn account.
|SECOND YEAR: PREPARE|
- Research campus leadership roles.
- Graduate School or Career Track?
– Research graduate programs and/or internship opportunities.
- Research volunteer opportunities.
- Continue job search.
- Update resumé/LinkedIn account.
|THIRD YEAR: EXECUTE|
- Post-graduation goals become clearly defined.
- Identify 2-3 areas of career interest.
- Complete first internship or practicum.
- Focus job search strategy based on identifying areas of interest.
- Attend Graduate School Fair and Career/Internship Fair.
- Update resumé/LinkedIn accounts to target stronger towards goals.
|FOURTH YEAR: ACHIEVE|
- Generate list of prospective employers.
- Start applying for jobs or graduate schools.
- Complete a second potential internship.
- Learn to follow up on leads/interviews.
- Make final preparations to resumé/LinkedIn account to meet post-graduation goals.
- Update networking contact list and secure references.