Returning Student Housing
If you are a returning SVC student, and did not go through the housing lottery, here is a step-by-step guide to request housing for the fall.
Step #1: You need to read the 2017-2018 Resident Student Contract in its entirety. After reading the form, print off the third page and complete it.
Step #2: Send in your form(s)! You can mail or fax them to:
Office of Residence Life
Southern Vermont College
982 Mansion Drive
Bennington, VT 05201-6002
Step #3: Feel free to call 802-447-4013 with any questions!
- If you need to request Special Housing Accommodations, please visit the 2017-2018 Special Accommodations page for further instructions.
- Quiet-Living Housing is a community for upper-class students who are looking for an environment that is more focused on enabling individuals complete their work with less noise and distraction. 2017-2018 Quiet Living Housing Selection Application.
- For a student to be exempt from the residency requirement, they must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have at least six semesters of full college enrollment (Class of 2018/2019/2020).
- Have at least six semesters of full college enrollment (starting with Class of 2021).
- Be 23 years of age or older.
- Be a veteran of the U.S. armed forces.
- Be married and/or have children.
- Be considered a local resident by living within a 50-mile commuting radius of the College and have established that residency for at least three months prior to enrollment.
Until the requirement is met:
All full-time students with fewer than six full-time semesters of college enrollment are required to reside in College housing. If a student transfers to the College with fewer than six full-time semesters of college enrollment, the student is required to live in College housing until the requirement is met.
- If you are a returning SVC student, went through the housing lottery and would like to request a room change, please contact the Director of Residence Life at 802-447-4013 or email@example.com to be put on the wait list.
- Housing assignments will be completed over the summer. Returning students will be notified of their placements and roommate assignments throughout the summer via email.
- We will do our best to accommodate all requests. It is not always possible to give everyone their first choice.
We look forward to your return in the fall!